Looking for ways to contribute to the Winslow House community?Consider becoming a volunteer or intern. Volunteer placement is made based on an individual’s interests, experience, abilities and availability. Internships can be arranged for current undergraduate and graduate students. We also provide community service projects for students, school groups and youth organizations. Ask today how you can get involved!
NO Internship Opportunities currently available; check back later!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Front Desk/ Administrative– When the Winslow House is open for tours we must have a volunteer staffing our front desk to greet visitors and answer questions. We also need assistance in general office tasks such as answering the phone, bulk mailings, filing, and more.
- Tour Guides- Receive training to become a Winslow House tour guide, research the history of the colonial Winslow family and Massachusetts society, and help to care for our historic house.
- Event Volunteer– We run a full calendar of programs during the season, May to November of each year. Whether you simply want to greet and orient guests for a lecture, or help with our more complex Special Events, we have just the event for you!
- Research– Learn the fascinating history of past Winslow House residents! Interested in a particular subject? Research projects can be suggested by volunteers, or by our staff to carry out our mission.
- Building & Grounds– The beginning and end of each season requires a full cleanup of the property, and continuous work during the season besides. This requires a LOT of assistance. Cleanup may include moving light furniture, landscape maintenance, cleaning, and working in storage areas.
Students, organization, or individuals interested in any of these opportunities should email Executive Director Jessica Dougherty firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-837-5753.