Looking for ways to contribute to the Winslow House community?Consider becoming a volunteer or intern. Volunteer placement is made based on an individual’s interests, experience, abilities and availability. Internships can be arranged for current undergraduate and graduate students. We also provide community service projects for students, school groups and youth organizations. Ask today how you can get involved!
NEW! Current Internship Opportunities:
- Development/ Fundraising- Working with the museum’s Executive Director, the Development intern will provide administrative support as needed, writing materials for donor cultivation and stewardship, assisting with specific research and data gathering projects, and supporting gift acknowledgement activities. They will also carry out grant research and application writing in order to help fulfill one of the museum’s objectives; specific projects will be arranged with the intern. Interns may also assist in maintaining accurate donor database by gathering and updating contact information and relationships. See the complete position description here.
- Education- Working with the museum’s newly formed Education Committee, the intern will be instrumental in helping to plan, develop and present a project to augment the Winslow House’s current educational offerings. This project will focus on Third Grade Social Studies and American History. See the complete position description here.
Internship applications must be received no later than May 1, 2016 for a June start date.
2016 Volunteer Orientation:
Volunteer orientation for this season will take place on Saturday, May 7th, beginning at 10:00 AM. If you’re interested in helping with events, tours, collections, and more; or you just want to hear more about the 1699 Winslow House and its history, we’d love for you to join us! Please email Executive Director Aaron Dougherty at email@example.com.
All volunteers, members, & the public are invited to attend.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Front Desk/ Administrative– When the Winslow House is open for tours we must have a volunteer staffing our front desk to greet visitors and answer questions. We also need assistance in general office tasks such as answering the phone, bulk mailings, filing, and more.
- Tour Guides- Receive training to become a Winslow House tour guide, research the history of the colonial Winslow family and Massachusetts society, and help to care for our historic house.
- Event Volunteer– We run a full calendar of programs during the season, May to November of each year. Whether you simply want to greet and orient guests for a lecture, or help with our more complex Special Events, we have just the event for you!
- Research– Learn the fascinating history of past Winslow House residents! Interested in a particular subject? Research projects can be suggested by volunteers, or by our staff to carry out our mission.
- Building & Grounds– The beginning and end of each season requires a full cleanup of the property, and continuous work during the season besides. This requires a LOT of assistance. Cleanup may include moving light furniture, landscape maintenance, cleaning, and working in storage areas.
Volunteer orientation for 2016 will take place on Saturday, May 7th, at 10 AM. Students, organization, or individuals interested in any of these opportunities should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-837-5753.